At Public Goods we believe eating healthy should be easy and affordable.
Even if you aren’t much of a chef, you can use one of our simple recipes to cook a delicious, nutritious meal. Here is all the info you need to make Strawberry Balsamic Goat Cheese Crostini:
Serving Size: 18-24 crostini
- 1 baguette, sliced into rounds
- 2-3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 5-6 oz (140-170 grams) goat cheese
- 1 ½ cups strawberries, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then arrange the baguette slices on top. Brush tops of bread with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Meanwhile, make the balsamic reduction. Heat a skillet pan over medium heat. Add balsamic vinegar and honey, then stir to combine. Bring mixture to a simmer, then reduce heat to low. Stir the mixture regularly so it doesn’t burn. After 8-12 minutes, the balsamic should be reduced to a syrup that’s just thick enough to coat the back of your spoon. Transfer to a small jar and set aside. It will thicken further as it cools.
- Spread the goat cheese on top of the toasted baguette slices. Then, in a small bowl, add strawberries and fresh basil. Toss to combine. Spoon the strawberry mixture on top of the goat cheese toasts. Drizzle the tops with the balsamic reduction, serve and enjoy!
Download Our Free Guide to Sustainable Living.
From reducing waste to recycling and upcycling, our e-book shows simple ways to make choices you can feel good about.