At Public Goods we believe eating healthy should be easy and affordable.
Even if you aren’t much of a chef, you can use one of our simple recipes to cook a delicious, nutritious meal. Here is all the info you need to make Parmesan Smashed Potatoes With Spicy Aioli:
Serving Size: 4-6 people
Parmesan Smashed Potatoes Ingredients:
- 1 pound baby potatoes
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- For garnish: Extra grated parmesan cheese, Chopped Italian parsley
Spicy Aioli Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Habanero Hot Sauce
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add baby potatoes. Boil for 12-14 minutes, or until fork tender. Strain potatoes and shake off excess water.
- Meanwhile, prepare the seasoning for the potatoes. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, 2 teaspoons dijon mustard and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Transfer potatoes onto the parchment lined baking sheet. To “smash” the potatoes, use a flat-bottomed cup to press down on top of the potato, until it’s flattened to approximately ½” thick. Spoon the olive oil seasoning on top, top with black pepper, then sprinkle 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese over all the potatoes. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the potatoes bake, prepare the Spicy Aioli. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, Garlic Habanero Hot Sauce, 1 teaspoon dijon mustard, paprika, and 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese. Add salt to taste, if desired.
- To serve, garnish the smashed potatoes with extra parmesan cheese and chopped parsley. Serve potatoes hot, with Spicy Aioli for dipping.
Download Our Free Guide to Sustainable Living.
From reducing waste to recycling and upcycling, our e-book shows simple ways to make choices you can feel good about.