At Public Goods we believe eating healthy should be easy and affordable.
Even if you aren’t much of a chef, you can use one of our simple recipes to cook a delicious, nutritious meal. Here is all the info you need to make a Creamy Tomato Basil Pasta Bake:
Serving Size: 4-6 people
- 2 cups penne pasta, dry (225 grams)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (21 oz) jar of Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce
- 5 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, divided use
- ½ cup light cream
- ½ cup roasted red peppers from jar, sliced
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 4.4 oz (125 g) buffalo mozzarella (or substitute shredded mozzarella)
- Salt & black pepper, to taste
- For garnish: Fresh basil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt to the water, then add penne pasta. Cook for 10 minutes, or until noodles are al dente. Strain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat an oven-safe skillet pan over medium heat. Once hot, add olive oil, onion and garlic. Saute for 4-5 minutes until onions are translucent and fragrant.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the jar of Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce to the pan and stir to combine. Warm the sauce for 1-2 minutes, then stir in 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese. Once the sauce begins to bubble, pour in the light cream and stir to incorporate. Mix in the roasted red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes and baby spinach. Turn off heat when spinach starts to wilt.
- Add cooked and strained pasta to the pasta sauce mixture. Fold until the sauce is distributed and noodles are evenly coated. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese on top. Tear the buffalo mozzarella into smaller pieces and arrange on top of the pasta (or sprinkle shredded mozzarella). Top with black pepper (and salt, if desired).
- Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling. Garnish with fresh basil and serve.
Feel free to send us your recipes as well! We might be able to publish some of them right here on the Public Goods Blog.
The highest quality for the lowest cost.
Premium, healthy, sustainable products delivered right to your door. Free shipping on orders $45+Try 14 Days Free