Here are two punchy (and spicy) ways to use our Organic Peanut Butter.
PG Recipes: Salsa Macha Dip
Makes about 2 cups
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 15 dried arbol chiles*
- 7 dried chipotle chiles*
- 7 dried pulla chiles *
- 2 allspice berries or ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 ¼ cups crunchy peanut butter (creamy works, too), divided
- 1 lime
*Use any dried chiles you like.
1. Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat and fry garlic until golden. Remove and set aside.
2. Add chiles to pan and toast until fragrant, about 1 minute. Transfer chiles to a blender or food processor. Remove any stems.
3. Add allspice, salt, tahini, and 1 cup of peanut butter, lime juice, and ¼ cup warm water to the blender.
4. Pulse until the chiles break down, adding warm water as need to loosen the mixture. Continue to blend and add water until almost smooth.
5. Transfer the salsa macha to a bowl and fold in the garlic and remaining ¼ cup of peanut butter. Taste and adjust flavor — add more salt or lime juice to your liking.
6. Serve with crunchy fresh crudité or pair with jam for a sassy take on the PB&J.
PG Recipes: Spicy Peanut Butter Dressing
This is a super simple staple to whip up for a salad, a dip, or to drizzle over steamed veggies, protein and rice. If you don’t have every ingredient, don’t worry, and you can also put your own spin on it by adding seasonings you love. Use a little more water to make a lighter dressing or a little less to make a thicker dip-style version.
- 1/4 cup of peanut butter
- Several table spoons of water, depending how thick you like it.
- A teaspoon of fish sauce
- A health squeeze of sriracha
- Juice of half a lime
- Salt to taste
So it couldn’t be easier to make. Start by blending the peanut butter and water in your blender until it’s well mixed and a nice consistency. Then just add everything else and blend it again. I usually taste it a few times times adding in a little more of anything needed.
Download Our Free Guide to Sustainable Living.
From reducing waste to recycling and upcycling, our e-book shows simple ways to make choices you can feel good about.